Descriptive file

Press here to extend the picture
Title:
[Tower and lighthouse in Igeldo]
Document number:
3653
Author:
Pirala, Angel
Book/ Album / Dossier:
Guipzcoa pintoresca : San Sebastin y sus cercanas
Format date:
1894
Topic date:
1894
Physical description:
1 5 x 5 cm engraving on a 18 x 12 cm page
Notes:
We have taken the year from the Koldo Mitxelena Cultural Centre catalogue. Book printed by: Madrid, Typographers: Rivadeneyras successors. Autographed. "...the path begins that comes out at the old small lighthouse, located on the top of Montefro [...]. The tower was built in 1778, paid for by the Consulate of S. Sebastin, and abandoned [...] reflectors were lit up [...] until the new lighthouse was opened [1855]".
Subjects:
Art and Architecture-Civil buildings-Lighthouses
Art and Architecture-Military buildings-Towers
Urban landscape-Towns
Place names:
Donostia-S.Sebastian - Gipuzkoa
Signature:
KM : C-123 F-25 - Pg. 19
Location:
Koldo Mitxelena Kulturunea
2013 Department of Culture, Youth and Sport - Diputacin Foral de Gipuzkoa